Thursday 28 January 2010


SCC venue confirmed - 9/10 July 2010


Absolutely exclusive to secondcitychallenge.blogspot.com!

The blog announcement we've all been waiting for!

Amidst raucous scenes at UKPGA Headquarters this morning, we caught up briefly with 2010 Captain, Matkinson, to ask him a few questions as to this year's venue.
We also caught up with a long-standing SCC fan (shown above, posing by links-type scenery).

Reporter: "Are you pleased Mr Captain that the deal is now in the bag."

El Capitan: "Yes thanks, ecstatic. They never thought I had it in me those boys. They thought my secretary was doing it all. Well...I'll show them. I've actually gone and booked a golf course!!"

Reporter: "Well done. It's a good one too, if I may say so. One of Wales' premier links tracks."

El Capitan: "Yes, well, I did think about something different this year. Something easier, basically, with less sand and rough. But we're coming back for more punishment! Links golf's where it's at, I'd say."

Reporter: "Quite. And of course, we'll be surrounded by an area of oustanding natural beauty. It's nice to see there were no backhanders involved again this year."

El Capitan: "What?!... Who mentioned backhanders?... I didn't mention them. Obviously there will be sponsorship contracts won and lost on the back of this decision, but I only have the interests of the game at heart, you understand that?..."

... Matkinson was at this stage thrust into a blacked-out Range Rover by two members of his security entourage, and driven away at speed.
One fan had this to say on this year's venue: "Nice. I loves the Pamela Andersons. "

But at least, here at SCCblogspot.com, we can rest assured that another mouthwatering tournament is in prospect. When the players tee off on the morning of Friday 9 July 2010, looking out over Carmarthen Bay, we'll be with them every step, top, slice and duff of the way. Follow all the action here, at secondcitychallenge.blogspot.com.....

No comments: