Monday 2 May 2011

Team Liverpool preparation “spot on, as usual”

SCC crowd favourites and perennial nearly men Team Liverpool have been taking a relaxed approach to preparing for this year’s big event at Nefyn GC.

Ian Woosnam OBE, former Masters champion and captain of the SCC commentary team, commented to SCCblogspot:

“It may be a bit unorthodox, but I think they’ve got it spot on, as usual.

I mean, why play more golf than you actually need to?”

Matkinson has stepped up his preparation in recent weeks by promoting his new “SCC diet”, in conjunction with various fast food joints on Holloway Road in north London.

“I’m a particular favourite of The Colonel, obviously.” Matkinson explained. “Although I also like the Keema Kebab, Pizza, Chicken, Fish, Chips, Sandwich and Salad House. It’s all about building a solid base for a solid swing.”

We can also report that Matkinson thought his birthday golf lesson a qualified success:

“He [the Hanbury Manor GC pro] looked at several aspects of my game. And he recommended quite a few changes to almost every aspect, to be honest. He also thought I had, I quote, ‘next to no chance’ of keeping a ball in play round Nefyn, which I think was a tad harsh.”

Taken a bit aback by this feedback, Matkinson has since limited his preparation to a little relaxed crazy golf with his girlfriend:

“I particularly wanted to work on my putting after last year’s debacle. Obviously a little crazy golf might help. Plus it’s good practise in case I’m ever asked to play Royal Hale.”

Chris Seddon, or “Seds” as he is affectionately known, has also been carbing up a bit in preparation for the SCC:



But he has largely been focusing on the mental aspects of his game.

“I’m just trying to block out a few things which might make me angry or upset”, Seds explained.

It’s to be hoped, then, that no-one mentions that semi-final at any stage during the weekend in Nefyn.

When asked by SCCblogspot about his recent Wembley experience, Seds flew into a rage and refused to talk any further to us, muttering bitterly “why didn’t he play Matty Taylor from the start, what was he thinking?”

No comments: